Sources Referenced During 2009:
- “Support-for-Service Programs,” PowerPoint Presentation, Donald Pathman, UNC-Chapel Hill, May 2009.
- “Alaska’s Health Care Workforce,” PowerPoint Presentation, Karen Perdue, University of Alaska, May 2009.
- “Medical School in Alaska,”PowerPoint Presentation, Dennis Valenzeno, UAA WWAMI Biomedical, May 2009.
- Alaska WWAMI Fact Sheet, March 2009.
- Pathman DE. What Outcomes Should We Expect from Programs that Pay Physicians’ Training Expenses in Exchange for Service? NC Med J 2006; Vol. 67, #1.
- Pathman DE, Konrad TR, King TS, Taylor DH, Kkoch GG. Outcomes of States’ Scholarship, Loan Repayment, and Related Programs for Physicians. Med Care 2004;42:560-568.
- Thaker SI, Pathman DE, Mark BA, Ricketts TC. Service-Linked Scholarships, Loans, and Loan Repayment Programs for Nurses in the Southeast. J.Profnurs.2008;24:
- “2007 Alaska Health Workforce Vacancy Study.” Alaska Center for Rural Health, University of Alaska Anchorage, July 2007.
- “Securing an Adequate Number of Physicians for Alaska’s Needs.” Alaska Physician Supply Task Force, August 2006.