The Anchorage Pioneer Home offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, school groups, civic organizations, churches, businesses and other organizations. Volunteers assist with the goal of promoting independence, positive relationships, meaningful activities and the physical, emotional and spiritual growth of the elders who live here.
There are many ways in which volunteers help at the Anchorage Pioneer Home. Here are some examples:
- Social Visits
- Organized activity programs
- Assistance with reading
- Community outings & shopping trips
- Adopting one of our flower gardens
- Scouting and home improvement projects
- Bringing children and pets to visit
- Providing musical entertainment
- Helping in the resident's store
There are many other ways in which volunteers can help. If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please contact the Activities Coordinator at (907) 343-7240 or click here to e-mail: APH Volunteer Information.
Please call (907) 343-7240 to sign up for volunteer orientation and to find out more details.