Alaska Psychiatric Institute
3700 Piper Street
Anchorage, Alaska 99508-4677
Phone: (907) 269-7100
Fax: (907) 269-7251
To provide emergency and court-ordered inpatient psychiatric services in a safe environment using culturally-sensitive, effective, person-centered treatment followed by a referral to an appropriate level of care and support for recovery from mental illness.
Excellent experiences for patients, families, community supports, students and staff with quality treatment and best practices in mental health care.
- Personal responsibility
- Quality Care
- Individual Goals
- Compassion-fairness and honesty
- Life-long Learning
We believe every aspect of care at API’s Recovery Center will:
- provide for the safety and health of persons served and staff;
- accept and respect individuals’ uniqueness and affirms and nurtures their worth and hope;
- apply the best scientific knowledge available to inform and engage persons being served with choices and responsibility for managing their recovery;
- provide services in a trusting partnership with persons being served, their families and support systems.