Assisted Living Licensing
The Assisted Living Office:
- Licenses assisted living homes according to state statutes and regulations.
- Provides orientation on state regulations, licensing, and fees.
- Conducts annual inspections of all licensed facilities.
- Investigates complaints alleging violations of state statutes and regulations.
- Maintains a current list of licensed assisted living homes.
- Monitors homes and works in partnership with partner agencies and providers.
1/17/2014 – TB Tests Shortage
If you or your staff are unable to acquire the TB skin tests to meet the annual TB requirements set forth in 7 AAC 75.220 (c), Residential Licensing will accept the following alternatives: a TB X-Ray Screening, a note from the individuals primary care provider indicating they are clear or a complete TB Screening Questionnaire (which can be completed by a nurse). If you have any questions regarding this e-alert please feel free to contact your licensing specialist or our office at (907) 269-3640.
Current Licensed Facilities
Current Statutes and Regulations
Interested In Becoming Licensed?
There are several steps in obtaining an assisted living home license. If you are interested in obtaining a license you can download a New Home Application packet and submit it to Residential Licensing. Your application will be reviewed by a supervisor and assigned to a specialist, who will work closely with you ensuring your application meets all the licensing requirements. An onsite inspection will also be scheduled.
For Questions about obtaining a license call Bob Gerwin at 334-2519
New Provider Application Workshop and Orientation Schedule for 2014
All Assisted Living Licensing Workshops and Orientations will be held at the facility listed as Training Location below. Please click on address link (Blue) below to obtain a Google map to the training center:
Training Location: 3745 Community Park Loop, Room 120, Anchorage, AK
To register for a class call (907) 269-3640
Orientation Schedule for 2015
- January 20th & 21st (Tue/Wed) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- March 17th & 18th (Tue/Wed) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- May 12th & 13th (Tue/Wed) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- July 14th & 15th (Tue/Wed) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- September 15th & 16th (Tue/Wed) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- November 9th & 10th (Mon/Tue) 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
For more information about our program or for Assisted Living Homes forms, please contact us.
Sign up For Gov Delivery
Gov Delivery is an electronic delivery service that allows Residential Licensing to directly notify providers of any news regarding Residential Licensing.
Sign up for Gov Delivery
Residential Licensing Program Manager
4601 Business Park Boulevard, Building K
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: (907) 334-2492 Fax: (907) 269-3622