Skip to content

Residential Child Care Licensing

Residential Licensing Office

  • Licenses Residential Child Care Facilities and Residential Psychiatric Treatment Facilities according to state statutes and regulations.
  • Provides orientation on state regulations, licensing, and fees.
  • Conducts annual inspection of all applicable licensed facilities.
  • Investigates complaints alleging violations of state statutes and regulations.
  • Maintains a current list of licensed facilities around Alaska
  • Monitors facilities and works in partnership with partner agencies and providers.

Residential Child Care Facilities

A Residential Child Care Facilities (RCCF) is defined as a place, staffed by employees where one or more children who are apart from their parents receive 24-hour care on a continuing basis. There are seven specializations in RCCF residential licensing: Please reference AS 47.32, AS 47.05, 7AAC50 and 7AAC10 for details or call the Residential Licensing office.


Current Licensed Facilities

    Residential Child Care Facilities updated 7/2017 — Download the Excel Spreadsheet


Community Resources

Becoming Licensed

There are several steps to becoming obtaining RCCF/RPTC license in the State of Alaska. If you are interested in obtaining a license you will want to download the New Home Application packet and submit it to Residential Licensing. Your application will be reviewed by a Supervisor and assigned to a Specialist, who will work closely with you on ensuring your application meets all the licensing requirements. After that a Specialist will conduct an onsite inspection of your facility before final review and approval.

For Questions about obtaining a license contact our office at 907-269-3640.

Statutes and Regulations

Craig Baxter
4601 Business Park Blvd, Building L
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: (907) 334-2492
Fax: (907) 269-3622