Information for Providers: Child Care Grant Program
The purpose of the Child Care Grant Program is to enhance the quality of child care in Alaska by supporting licensed child care providers with monthly cash grants to supplement their program.
Grant funds are available to child care providers who possess a license to operate a child care facility in the State of Alaska issued by the Department of Health & Social Services or the Municipality of Anchorage. Providers must also participate as an eligible provider in the Child Care Assistance Program.
Grant funds may only be spent on items or in areas that are intended to increase the quality of child care. These include:
- Staff salaries, wages, and benefits
- Costs for substitute care providers
- Facility upgrades
- Health and safety-related items
- Supplies, equipment, and activities for the children in care
- Education and training related to child development
If you are a licensed child care provider or facility and are interested in participating in the Child Care Grant Program, please contact the Child Care Program Office .