Skip to content



Child care online search tool announced. Thread, Alaska’s Child Care Resource & Referral Network, has announced the launch of a new online search tool that can help families find child care and learning programs. This tool is free for families and can be accessed on thread’s homepage at: 

Alaska has been approved for a waiver that allows us to exempt all areas in Alaska from the Able Bodied Adult without Dependents (ABAWD) Food Stamp time limit except for the Municipality of Anchorage. This waiver will be in effect from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016. Learn more...

Applying for Health Care Coverage?

There are several ways to apply for Medicaid (Denali KidCare and DenaliCare) and other Health Insurance Coverage. You can:

1.    (Through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace) OR

2.    (using your My Alaska account which is the same one you use to apply for a PFD.) This is the ARIES Self Service Portal (SSP), Click on ARIES-Public Assistance: People can currently apply for other types of MAGI Medicaid using this system. OR

3.     Download and print an application and mail, fax or drop it off at a Division of Public Assistance (DPA) office. OR

4.     Pick up and submit an application at a Public Assistance Office or with a fee agent in their village.

Note: other public assistance programs require interviews to apply- this one doesn’t.

Read the ARIES Informational Overview for a description of the new Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) rules used to determine DenaliCare/Denali KidCare eligibility and for a better understanding of the online application process in the myAlaska self-service portal (SSP).

MAGI rules are used to determine Medicaid eligibility for these categories:  Parents/Caretaker Relatives, Pregnant Women, Children under 19, Under 21, Former Foster Care, and the Expansion Group.



Public Assistance Videos