Denali KidCare - Alaska’s Children’s Health Insurance Program -
Warning - A phone number that was once used for the Denali KidCare program is now being used to ask people for their credit card number in order to win a prize. The phone number related to this activity is 888-318-8890. This is not a State of Alaska government phone number. People should not call this number or give out Medicaid or credit card information.
Overview of Denali KidCare
Welcome to Denali KidCare! Denali KidCare is designed to ensure that children and teens of both working and non-working families can have the health insurance they need. It is an expansion of the Medicaid Program in Alaska.
Denali KidCare provides excellent health insurance coverage for children and teens through age 18 who meet income guidelines.
Pregnant women who meet income guidelines may qualify in Alaska under regular Medicaid, now known as DenaliCare.
Denali KidCare is issued 12 months at a time. You will need to renew your application every 12 months to ensure there is not a break in coverage. Renewing your coverage is easy. A pre-printed form will be mailed to you 45 days prior to expiration of coverage.
There are now three ways to apply for Health Insurance Coverage including Denali KidCare and DenaliCare. The Affordable Care Act ensures there is no wrong door to apply for health insurance coverage.
1. www.healthcare.gov (Through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace) OR
2. https://aries.alaska.gov (using your My Alaska account which is the same one you use to apply for a PFD.) This is the ARIES Self Service Portal (SSP), Click on ARIES-Public Assistance: People can currently apply for other types of MAGI Medicaid using this system. OR
3. Download and print an application and mail, fax or drop it off at a Division of Public Assistance (DPA) office. OR pick up and submit an application at a Public Assistance Office or with a fee agent in their village.
If you have questions about Denali KidCare or DenaliCare contact your nearest Public Assistance office
Read an ARIES Informational Overview for a description of the new Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) rules used to determine DenaliCare/Denali KidCare eligibility and for a better understanding of the online application process in the myAlaska self-service portal (SSP).
Priority Numbers for Pregnant Women and others who have applied and have an Urgent Need
- Pregnant Women
If you have submitted an application for Pregnant Woman Medicaid (DenaliCare) and have not received a notice informing you of the status of your application, please call 1-844-864-2229 (BABY). Please be prepared to provide your case number, your full name, social security number, and a valid phone number.
- Urgent Medical Need
Please call 1-844-231-7880, if you submitted an application for Medicaid and someone is experiencing an urgent need for medical assistance such as:
- Medical procedures to address a life threatening illness or injury (Call 911 first)
- Travel for high risk medical procedures
- Prescriptions that need to be filled
- Call 211
For information about community resources that may help you until your application is processed