What Does WIC Offer?
WIC's goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, new moms, and kids under age five healthy. To do this, we provide:
- Nutrition information specific to you
- Checks to buy free, healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, childcare, housing, fuel assistance and other services that can help the entire family.
But that's not all! WIC also offers
- Immunization screening and referrals
- Breastfeeding support and breastfeeding supplies such as manual and electric breastpumps.
- Nutrition information on a variety of topics including:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Meal planning
- Label reading
- Picky eaters
- Caring for a new baby
- Shopping on a budget