The Senior Benefits Program was established on August 1, 2007. It pays cash benefits to Alaskan seniors who are age 65 or older and have low to moderate income. Cash payments are $47, $175, or $250 each month depending on income. The income limits for each payment level are tied to the Alaska Federal Poverty Guidelines and change each year as the poverty level changes.
TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
- Live in Alaska voluntarily
- Not be in Alaska for a temporary purpose such as a vacation or business trip
- Intend to make Alaska your home
Have a Social Security number
- Have a Social Security Number or show that one has been applied for
- Have countable income that does not exceed the income limits for Senior Benefits.
- Resources, such as savings, do not count for Senior Benefits.
- Eligibility and payment amounts are based on gross annual income.
Click here for current income limits and payment amounts.
Other Resources that might be helpful:
Click here to register to vote online!