Medical Service Awards
Ann Peters Memorial Award
Melissa Ann Peters Memorial Award is given in memory of a
young nurse whose untimely death prompted her family and friends
to remember her by honoring other nurses who have contributed
in a special way to the encouragement of EMS skills, efforts
- Julie Marie Anderson, RN, MICP, Haines — In recognition of her contributions to EMS education to the Haines Volunteer Fire Department, and her service as a valuable bridge between field and clinic EMS operations.
- Mary Baker-Kaspari, R.N. of Delta Junction — in recognition of two decades of support and encouragement of EMS personnel.
- Tom Bailey, RN, of Anchorage, in recognition of his improvement and enhancement of the EMS system by providing the highest degree of training to his flight team members and the communities he serves.
- Beth Connor, R.N. -- Chugiak, in recognition of her services as a dedicated EMS instructor, a responder with Chugiak VFD and a pediatric intensive care nurse.
- Capt. James Gabriel, RN of Eielson AFB, in recognition of his outstanding service as a health care provider, patient advocate and EMS instructor.
RN – Anchorage, in recognition of her
passion for and furthering EMS education and truama
J. Bunge, RN – Petersburg, for serving as
a liaison between her colleagues at Petersburg Medical Center
and the Petersburg Volunteer Fire Dept. where she serves
as a Lieutentant
May (Joy) Silvey Blanchette, RN - Sitka
Whitethorne, RN - Girdwood
Leehmuis, RN, Alaska Native Medical Center - Anchorage
Coffland, RN, Sitka Community Hospital and EMT-III, Rescue
Captain, Sitka Fire Department - Sitka
Simonsen, RN, Providence Alaska Medical Center - Anchorage
Johnson, Manager, Central Peninsula General Hospital - Soldotna
Dagley, RN, CEN, Providence Hospital, State Emergency Nurses
(Peggy) Hayaski, RN - Anchorage
Crawford, RN, Unit Manager, Emergency Dept., Yukon Kuskokwim
Delta Regional Hospital - Bethel