ACEMS was established in the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) by Alaska Statute (AS) 18.08.020. The purpose of the council is to advise the Commissioner and Governor with regard to the planning and implementation of a statewide EMS system. ACEMS provides recommendations related to all aspects of EMS, including distribution of funding, and policy development to the DHSS Commissioner and expert input on EMS systems to DHSS staff.
2015 ACEMS Meetings
May 7th, 2015 Teleconference for ACEMS
Please join this meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone:
telephone number: 1-800-791-2345, code: 83001#
Next ACEMS Teleconference meeting will be August 5th 2015.
EMS for Children Meeting
November 5, 2014
Noon - 4 pm
Frontier Bldg., 3601 C Street, Suite 760, Anchorage, AK 99503
Training Subcommittee Meetings
May 29-30, Anchorage
Southern Region Conference Room
Anchorage, AK 99503
ACEMS shall support and strengthen the existing system of emergency medical services and promote the full integration of EMS into the larger system of healthcare delivery.
EMS shall be recognized as an essential public function intersecting public health, public safety and healthcare. The work of the Council shall ensure access to timely, affordable and high quality pre-hospital emergency care services.
Working together to improve Emergency Medical Services throughout Alaska.
Pillars for Sustainability
- Communication: within and across stakeholders
- Standards and Guidelines: for patient care and responder safety
- Equipment and Resources: to optimize patient outcomes
- Workforce Development: to ensure availability of quality patient care
- Financial and Systems Viability: of the EMS system
- Evaluation: to ensure continual systems improvement
- Reimbursement and Financing
- Restoration, Restructuring and Coordination of Services
- Recruitment and Retention