Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services
Section of Emergency Programs
3601 C Street, Suite 424
Anchorage, AK 99503
Fax: (907) 269-0036
Julie Rabeau RN EMSRN
Trauma Program Manager
Nurse Consultant II
Ambrosia Romig, MPH, CLS(ASCP)
Trauma Registry Manager
Epidemiological Specialist II
Office: (907) 334-4471
Todd Lecours MICP
Public Health Specalist
Trauma Services System in Alaska
Continuing education training in trauma care for healthcare providers is an important component of a Trauma System.
Contact Julie Rabeau @ 907-334-2175 for the following courses;
- Trauma Emergency Casualty Care Course (TECC)
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care Course (TCCC)
- Rural Trauma
Team Development Course (RTTDC)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support
- Diaster Managerment Emergency Preparedness Course (DMEP)
- Advance Trauma Operative Management Course (ATOM)
- Advanced Surgical Skills
for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET)
- Bleeding Control for the Injured (B-CON) - contact Todd Lecours @ 907-269-3042
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) Courses are offered periodically throughout the year in Anchorage at the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC), and occasionally in other areas of the state. For more information on the ATLS/ATCN courses at ANMC, contact Angeline Washington at (907) 729-2729. For information on ATLS/ATCN courses at PAMC contact Wendy Allen at (907) 212-2581.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) are other courses available around the state. For more information contact Cary VanDyke at Providence Alaska Medical Center (907) 212-4988 or contact Angeline Washington at ANMC (907) 729-2729.
- Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) contact Society of Trauma Nurses.
- Trauma Program Manager Course (TPM) contact American Trauma Society.
- Trauma Managers Mentoring Toolkit contact National Association of State EMS Officials