Trauma Services System in Alaska
Continuing education training in trauma care for healthcare providers is an important component of a Trauma System.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) Courses are offered periodically throughout the year in Anchorage at the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC), and occasionally in other areas of the state. For more information on the ATLS/ATCN courses at ANMC, contact Mary Leemhuis at (907) 729-2729. For information on ATLS/ATCN courses at PAMC contact Wendy Allen at (907) 212-2581.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) are other courses available around the state. For more information contact Cary VanDyke at Providence Alaska Medical Center (907) 212-4988 or contact Mary Leemhuis at ANMC (907) 729-2729.
- Trauma Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), Rural Trauma Team Development Course (RTTDC), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Diaster Managerment Emergency Preparedness Course (DMEP) contact Julie Rabeau at (907) 334-2175.
- Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC) contact Society of Trauma Nurses.
- Trauma Program Manager Course (TPM) contact American Trauma Society.
- Trauma Managers Mentoring Toolkit contact National Association of State EMS Officials