Skip to content

Alaska Certificate of Birth
Resulting in Stillbirth

In 2009, the Alaska State Legislature established a new certificate entitled Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth (Alaska Statute 18.50.235).

For any stillborn child in Alaska, the Bureau of Vital Statistics will issue a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth (CBRS) upon the request of a parent named on a fetal death certificate. There must be a fetal death certificate on file with the Bureau Vital Statistics in order for a CBRS to be prepared. The CBRS is not proof of birth and may not be used to establish identity.

A named parent must submit an application and a photocopy of a valid government issued identification, such as drivers license, military ID, passport, or state issued ID. This documentation is required to determine their eligibility in obtaining the Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth.

The certificate can only be issued from the Juneau office. Same day service or expedited service is not available for these requests.

The Alaska Birth Certificate Request Form is a PDF document requiring Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, download the free software now.

Munoz certificate