Skip to content
Alaska Medication Education
Suggestions header.
  • I could ask my pharmacist if there is a generic version of the drug that is cheaper.
  • I could ask my health care provider the cost when it’s first being prescribed, and speak up if it is too expensive.
  • If there is not a cheaper version, or if the cheapest version is too expensive, I can ask my provider and pharmacist if they know of payment assistance programs.
  • I can look at the Alaska Med Ed website “Money & Meds” page for suggestions on ways to cut costs that I can then discuss with my provider or pharmacist.
  • If I get Medicare I can call Alaska’s Medicare Information Office and ask about medicine payment assistance programs. The United Way’s 2-1-1 number or the nearest Alaska Aging & Disability Resource Center are other places I can try.

<<< BACK