The Council's Executive Committee consists of seven or more members comprised of three officers, one member-at-large, and the Chairs of the Education, Early Intervention, and Developmental Disabilities Committees.
The Executive Committee supervises the implementation of the Council's work plan and assures that the Council fulfills its duties and responsibilities.
What does the committee do?
- Day-to-day responsibilities of the Executive Committee include:
- Acting on behalf of the Council between regularly scheduled meetings within the limits of established priorities, policies, and procedures;
- Prepares meeting calendars and assists Chairs with meeting minutes
- Considers appointments of chairs and members of committees;
- Reviews activities of committees or workgroups;
- Approves and monitors Council's operating budget;
- Assembles and reviews reports of other committees;
- Oversees preparation of periodic or annual reports described by law or submitted to the Governor, Commissioners, Congress, or the state legislature;
- Prepares and submits comments to commissioners of state departments and agencies.
Can you get involved?
Yes! Call us at 269-8994 or email: Teresa Holt