Anchorage Municipality Disaster Registry
If you live in the Anchorage area, are a housebound senior and/or are someone who has a disability or cares for someone with a disability; please make sure you are signed-up on the Municipality Disaster Registry.
Three Ways to Register:
- Register Online
- Print and Mail a Registration Form
- Register by phone: 343-2567
Who should register?
- Housebound seniors and people with physical disabilities that do not have an existing network of support
- People who are medically fragile
- People with a substantial mobility, vision, or hearing impairment
- People with a disabling mental illness or developmental disability
Who should not register?
- Those who do not face the normal day-to-day restrictions listed above
- Residents of assisted living facilities or other licensed residential health care facilities
- Families or individuals who have a built-in support system within their homes - except when there is a child with intensive special needs in the household.
- Individuals who live outside the Municipality of Anchorage
State of Alaska, Department of Health & Social Services, Public Health Preparedness
Many resources are available on the Public Health Preparedness site including:
Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
All individuals, including people with disabilities, should take the time before a disaster to plan for survival at home, in a shelter, or elsewhere in the event of an actual emergency.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
American Red Cross of Alaska (ARC)