"Essential Learning" online courses are available free of charge to all BRS Provider Agencies through Alaksa Children's Services Training & Staff Development Department. Online learning is a great way to improve your skills and meet training hour requirements.
Below is just a sample of the many, many courses available through Essential Learning:
- Adolescent Cannabis and Alcohol Use
- Alcohol and the Family for Paraprofessionals
- Attachment Disorders & Treatment Approaches
- Best Practices in Behavior Support & Intervention
- Calming Children in Crisis
- Confidentiality & HIPAA
- Cultural Diversity in Behavioral Healthcare
- Documenting the Treatment Planning Process
- Grief & Loss
- Performance Improvement
- Time Management
- Trauma informed Treatment for Children with Challenging Behaviors
Many Essential Learning courses take only an hour or two to complete and can be done anywhere the internet is accessible. Professional CEUs are awarded for several of the courses.
Please contact us to find out more about Essential Learning. It's easy to get started and we'll show you how!